Words to Live By

DANCE like there is nobody watching.
LOVE like you'll never get hurt.
SING like there's nobody listening.
LIVE like its's heaven on earth.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

First Look Into the Computer Dating World

When I first left my fiancĂ© I had gone to stay with a long time friend who lived five hours away from me in upstate New York, just off the Vermont border. I was not familiar with the area and so anytime I wanted to go anywhere he would have to give me directions. There were many places that cell phone reception was not very good and in some cases non-existent. Often his directions would include the statement, “Now don’t go this way. If you do, you will be in “Deliverance” country and I won’t be able to help you.” While I was staying there I also started investigating internet dating sites. They all seem to make you these offers that you can sign up and see your matches for free. Of course you cannot do much more than that. You cannot contact them or see very much about them. But the first site I started with I put in all my information and they started sending me matches. I did not pay because I was not sure at that point that I wanted to continue or was even really ready to be dating. This experience was my first turn off to the internet dating world. Most of the matches that were sent to me reminded me of what I might find if I had taken those wrong turns and landed in “Deliverance Country!” Just their pictures were scary. Needless to say, I did not pay to join that site. I could not imagine meeting any of those men if just their pictures on my computer screen were giving me nightmares. I have always been one for following my gut instinct when it comes to my own safety and let me tell you, if my first instinct from your picture says serial killer, well you are not the match for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment