Words to Live By

DANCE like there is nobody watching.
LOVE like you'll never get hurt.
SING like there's nobody listening.
LIVE like its's heaven on earth.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Giving ME a Chance

It was a beautiful spring day and I was out and about running errands this morning. I was feeling pretty good and in a very happy mood. As I normally do when the weather is nice, I was driving with the sun roof open and the windows down. I had the music blasting and was happily dancing along as I drove. (I often think that I must be getting some interesting looks from the other cars on the road, but I don’t really care since I’m having a good time!) As I was driving along I was thinking about a few of the guys that I have actually been interested in over the past year and a half. These are not the guys that are typical of the stories that I have been writing about in the blog so far. These are the ones that I have really been interested in. I was wondering to myself if they have really seen this side of me, the happy girl, the one who is sometimes carefree, fun and at times silly. There have been many times in my life where I have felt that I was misjudged or that people have not given me the chance to know the real me. At times I have been shy and people have taken that as me being unfriendly. At other times because I was quiet, people have treated me as though I was stupid. Once again, I am left with the feeling that these few guys have judged me based on certain interactions, but have not been open enough to give me the chance to get to know the real me. One knew me from awhile back and certain life experiences have created the person I am today. For instance, I am a stronger person today than I was at 20 years old. Another had interacted with me primarily on a professional level and has seen mostly my serious side, and has possibly missed the carefree, fun part of my personality. And still another seemed to have gotten this impression of me as not feminine enough. He should get a peek into my closets full of dresses, skirts, shoes and bags!!
Someday, someone will take the time to get to know me…………………..

No comments:

Post a Comment