Words to Live By

DANCE like there is nobody watching.
LOVE like you'll never get hurt.
SING like there's nobody listening.
LIVE like its's heaven on earth.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Using Dating Sites Just for Amusement

So after that first date it did not seem like the dating sites were doing such a good job at finding my “perfect match.” You watch the commercials and they talk all about how they are matching you based on compatibility and that they have these scientific methods. The commercials show you these perfect couples that “fell in love” and just knew that they were meant to be. By the time I went on that first date I had already been sent numerous matches that went nowhere. So after the date I was even more convinced that the sites did not know what they were doing when it came to matching me with someone. It started to seem as though the dating sites were only going to be good for a laugh.
When you register with the sites you can choose to be notified by e-mail when you have new matches, when someone tries to communicate with you etc. So in the beginning my e-mail account was bombarded with notifications of new matches. It started to become a joke and I would even post on my facebook status. Up to 100 matches today…can we make it to 150 today, etc. Reading profiles became a source of amusement. Now I am not saying that I am in any way perfect. I am sure that I make grammatical errors, spelling errors and typos. But I would read profiles where guys were spelling their own towns wrong, their occupations, even their names. Now I can understand that not everyone is the greatest at typing. But here this is your first impression. Don’t you think you would go back and proof read? Don't you think you would catch that you spelt your occupation wrong and want to go back and fix that? And the pictures that some guys choose are unbelievable. I have seen guys in their undershirts, no shirts, surrounded by their friends in a bar, or better yet a bunch of girls. Let’s see, what impressions do I get from any of those? I’m a slob, I don’t care about my appearance, I love to party and I’m going to flirt and cheat on you. Yes, any of those sound like the guy I want to choose to spend the rest of my life with.

No comments:

Post a Comment